Brain Injury Lawyer | New York
Choose Goldblatt and Associates as your or a loved one’s Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Lawyer. At Goldblatt and Associates, we choose to focus on traumatic brain injuries because it allows us to dedicate our fullest attention to your specific case and achieve a successful outcome. There are two very important things that go into being a brain injury lawyer in New York. First is, having experience in dealing with TBI cases but most importantly- the lawyer’s ability to truly understand the medical implications of a brain injury.
What is Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The Center for Disease Control defines Traumatic Brain Injury or TBI as a result of a bump, blow or jolt to the head. The severity of the brain injury can range from mild (MTBI) or severe. The term MTBI can be used interchangeably with the word concussion and results in a brief change of mental status or consciousness. A severe TBI will result in an extended period of unconsciousness or amnesia after the injury and other long-term implications.
How to Identify Possible Brain Injuries.
If you think you or a family member or friend has suffered from a mild or severe traumatic brain injury, it is imperative that you contact your general care physician immediately or an emergency department.
Leading Causes of TBI Include:
· Motor vehicle traffic
· Struck by/against
Symptoms of TBI
Since TBI’s or MTBI’s show their face in a variety of ways, here are some tips on how to identify possible brain injuries. Please note that some of these symptoms may appear immediately after the injury or could take days or months to appear.
MTBI or Concussion:
· Difficulty thinking clearly, feeling slowed down, difficulty concentrating or remembering new information.
· Headache, blurry vision, early-on nausea or vomiting, dizziness.
· Sensitivity to noise and light, low energy and issues with balancing.
· Emotional symptoms include irritability, sadness and nervousness.
· Sleeping more or less than usual and trouble falling asleep. When to know, the TBI is SEVERE and to contact emergency care IMMEDIATELY. Symptoms include but not limited to:
· Headache that does not go away, weakness, numbness or decreased coordination and slurred speech
· Confusion, drowsiness, one dilated pupil, convulsions or seizures, and trouble recognizing people or places.
· Danger signs in children include: Non-stop crying and not nursing.
When Should I Hire a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer?
If you believe you have suffered from a TBI or a doctor may have confirmed that you have suffered from a TBI at the hands of someone else, you should call a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer as soon as possible. A skilled traumatic brain injury lawyer in New York knows how the symptoms of concussions can affect lives and can help brain injury victims plan their futures with security.
Complexity of TBI Litigation
TBI litigation requires an attorney with an intimate knowledge of the substantive medicine of the brain. The attorney must understand how a brain injury occurs, the devastating impact it can have on one’s life along with loved ones, and the knowledge of which medical and other experts are necessary to explain and demonstrate the injury and its consequences to a jury.
At Goldblatt and Associates, our goal is to get you a fair settlement to help you or loved one get the best medical care. We will not only be your TBI lawyer but we will b there to offer guidance and help you maximize your quality of life from now on. You owe us nothing until we win your case.
Types of TBI Lawsuits
At Goldblatt and Associates, we deal with a variety of types of TBI Lawsuits. Our prior cases include:
· Wrongful death cases i.e Client v. the State of New York (Settlement: $2.5 million during trial)
· Product liability i.e. client v. Suzuki Motors Corp (Settlement: $700,000)
· Traumatic Brain Injury cases:
· Client v. Home Depot ($1.4 million arbitration award)
· Client v. Enterprise Rental Car (Settlement: $1.25 million)
Consulting Personal Injury Lawyer
When choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer, it is important to ask the following questions:
· What part of the attorney’s practice is devoted to representing clients with TBI or Orthopedic injuries/ how many cases have they handled in the past?
· Does the attorney regularly attend educational seminars on brain injury or orthopedic injury and do they possess extensive knowledge of the substantive medicine of the brain and body?
· Is the Attorney a member of any professional trial lawyer organizations devoted to litigating personal injury cases.
· Do they provide guidance to other attorneys on how to litigate these matters?
· Has the Attorney been successful in the personal injury cases he or she has handled?
To learn more about your rights after a Traumatic brain injury contact the New York Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers at Goldblatt and Associates to schedule a free consultation. We serve accident victims all over New York including New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Westchester and Putnam Counties, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo. Contact us at toll free at 1-800-567-9888 or locally at 914-788-5000. We offer a free initial consultation, and receive no fee unless we are successful.