Kenneth Goldblatt | October 20, 2018 | Personal Injury
The attorneys at Goldblatt & Associates P.C. caution that after suffering a concussion brain injury, you may experience nausea, dizziness, headaches, fatigues and an overall felling of frustration. You may find it difficult to complete everyday tasks and, generally, not feel like yourself. During this time, it is important to allow yourself to heal by refraining from engaging in your daily activities of living including work and other household duties. In Central New York, the experienced head injury attorneys at Goldblatt & Associates, P.C., can handle any legal aspects of your concussive brain injury while you recover.
Allowing Your Brain to Heal after a Concussion
After a concussion, you should:
- Get plenty of rest and not over exert yourself with exercise or other activities.
- Do not take on intensive tasks that require much from you physically or mentally.
- Avoid using the computer, watching TV, playing video games or using electronics for extended periods of time.
- Contact your doctor right away if your symptoms get worse.
- Before you return to your normal routine, get clearance from your doctor to do so. Return to your activities slowly instead of resuming everything at the same time.
- Do not consume alcohol until your doctor says it is okay.
The amount of time it takes to recover from a concussive brain injury is different for each person. Some people are able to gradually begin engaging in their normal activities 7 to 10 days after their concussive brain injury; for others, recovery may take up to several months.
Experienced, Aggressive Head Injury Lawyers
Concussions are often sustained from:
- Auto accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous premises
If you have suffered a concussion due to the negligence of others, you are entitled to pursue compensation for the expense of the head injury. The attorneys at Goldblatt & Associates P.C. have an extensive understanding of the causes and long-term effects of a head injury. Goldblatt & Associates P.C. serves accident victims in Central New York including Oswego, Auburn, Baldwinsville, Mexico and Syracuse. Goldblatt & Associates P.C. offers a free initial consultation, and receive no fee unless successful.